University Library orientation tour for EPQ students
University Library orientation tour for EPQ students In-Person
The UL is unique: a national, legal deposit library with an amazing collection of around 8 million items - over two million of which you can browse on our open shelves. If that sounds a bit daunting, why not come on a brief orientation tour to help you find your way around?
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) students
- To learn your way around the building and its print collections
- To discover how to navigate our catalogues
- To learn how to order from the closed stacks and find your book on the open shelves
- Large bags and rucksacks may not be brought into the UL. Please leave yourself sufficient time before the tour to put your bag away securely in the locker room.
- Register for a library card to collect on your first or next visit for access to the UL. EPQ students are eligible for free access for the duration of their course. If you are 16- or 17-years old you will require a Parent/Guardian Consent form, and if you are over 18 you will require proof of age.
You do not need a library card to attend the tour.